About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Progress on the Home Front

Here's how the balcony, terrace and landscaping look this Spring. I hope a comparison photo this Fall will show filling in of the bare spots on the hill. Most of the plants we put in last Fall died due to the unusually frigid Winter temperatures, and this is the sheltered side of the house. My Pampas grass didn't make it. I've waited patiently for it to show signs of life, but am accepting that it isn't going to happen. Geez. It's grass. You'd think it would survive just about anything.  I was glad to see the Japanese willow (small tree) and the lilac bush made it, as we had transplanted them from other parts of the yard, but everything else is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment