About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Saturday, May 16, 2009

B-Town Boys Are Back


What does a sea of buses and cars in the Wagon Wheel parking lot signify? It means the troops are back, or a big chunk of them, anyway. There was excitement in the air all week as family members anticipated their arrival, and many happy faces as the soldiers returned from a long and dangerous deployment to Iraq. When we went on post last weekend, we were lucky enough to see the long line of soldiers in the street waiting to parade into the post gym, where their families were waiting to be reunited with them. We also saw a group of delighted young women, still wearing their gear, having a group photo taken. Their joy reached out and touched us in the car as we drove by. So, despite the many signs declaring that the boys are back, a gentle reminder than our women in uniform are back, too, and all are welcome home.

No comments:

Post a Comment