About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ladybug and First Snow

Winter is here, not officially, of course, but the first snow has fallen and all creatures great and small have sought shelter. Earlier in the week, I found a ladybug on a glass drying on the dish rack in the kitchen. When I gently tipped it off the glass onto my hand, it lay there on its back waving its miniscule little legs in the air. Ah, good, it was alive.

I moved it a very short distance and dropped it on the African violet that sits  on the counter next to the rack, wondering what circumstances had let it to settle on such an unforgiving and useless surface as a glass, when next to it was a perfectly good plant with soft dark leaves. That will remain a mystery. I checked back later. No sign of the ladybug. Hopefully, she is deep within the world bound by the plant and its pot and will emerge again come Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment