About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Saturday, January 13, 2007

October 2006 - Verdun

On October 12 I traveled to Verdun, France with the JROTC.

I was hoping to catch what I thought then were ghost orbs on camera during the visit. I have since learned that the orbs that people catch on their digital cameras are caused by dust and moisture. There was plenty of that at Verdun and I captured some orbs in my photos, but I also captured something on film that I had never seen before. I have searched various ghost and paranormal sites on the Internet, but have not seen anything else like this.

Here they are close up:

This photo was taken of a side hall which was blocked off from a main hall of Fort Douamount by a grill. I sat the camera on the grill and to hold it steady in lieu of a tripod. It's interesting that this hall is near a location where 19 soldiers were killed by an artillery shell and that shortly before taking this photo . . . and before I knew about the room and the artillery shell, I heard an explosion, as something heard way off in the distance. Definitely, not a typical experience for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment