About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Saturday, January 13, 2007

November 2006


We took the week of Thanksgiving off and flew to San Francisco for the wedding of a former student, Amanda. Megan flew up from Tucson. We were disappointed that her significant other had to work, but we enjoyed our time with her. We drove to Monterey, and really enjoyed the beaches, the surf, the trees, birds, fresh air. It was all great. We got to visit old friends, the Dougans and the Severs. We had a delightful Thanksgiving with Amanda and Casey and enjoyed meeting both of their families, young and old.

The wedding was on a boat at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, with an evening cruise out under the Golden Gate Bridge and back. We visited Chinatown, which personally I wasn't real impressed by, but saw enough of San Francisco (which was full of tourists enjoying the after Thanksgiving Day shopping and the sightseeing), that it would be nice to go back some day. If I were rich, I could live around Monterey or Big Sur. It wouldn't be a sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment