About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Pale Blue Dot


This video has been around for a couple of years, and yet fewer than a million people have seen it. I wish everyone in the world would watch it. We all need to be reminded how small our planet is in the universe, how precious it is, and not that we are insignificant, but that we need to keep ourselves and our self-importance in perspective, and that's what this video is about, perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Judy,
    I saw this once when it first came out, but had kind of forgotten it; thanks for bringing it back to my attention! What a contrast! From years of having been called, ”The Big Blue Marble”, we are now relegated to being nothing but a ...pale blue dot. How insignificant, unless you project us to our ultimate collapse into a “point of singularity” in a black hole. Is that the ultimate of Alpha & Omega? Of “ashes to ashes, dust to dust”? Is that where we will meet our Maker?

    Hello to Jim. Liz (Newlin) Brown

    ReplyDelete