About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lambchops & Ewe



Friday afternoon my friend, Mary, and I walked down to the corner of my street to get a closer look at the ewes and lambs. Up to now, my husband and I have been drive-by viewers, like tourists in a safari park. They came running over in an enthusiastic bunch and lined up expectantly. They were rewarded, but not by us, when one of the neighbors came over and threw apple peels into the field. I realized then, that just as with turkeys, you don't want to be in the middle of the flock when they are expecting dinner. They were friendly, however, and liked having their heads rubbed. The little ones are cute, but the mommas have loads of personality, and if I had the time, it would be fun to sit and observe and assign them names. I've already named one Martha Stewart. She's the dignified one that shows up near the end. See if you can spot her.

No comments:

Post a Comment