About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Born Anew

I read recently that one way to overcome the fear of death is to recognize that our life did not begin when we were born, that it began long before, perhaps eons ago . . . our birth just being our entrance into this reality in a new body . . . and our death just passing from this reality to another, leaving our "remains" behind.

Still when you hold a newborn, it feels like something new has been created. If he is as old as the universe, he doesn't seem to remember that, and whether brand new or starting over, a brand new baby is a remarkable thing.

Welcome to the world, little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment