About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Friday, March 27, 2009

Osterbrot

They had some temptingly cute and yummy-looking Easter Bunny breads at the PX bakery today, so I took a photo, although I purchased only rolls and cheesecake. I don't know which I like better, the smiling bunny heads with the whiskers and floppy ears on the right or the running bunnies on the left. There are some more bunnies at the top with chocolate bottoms, but I cut out their heads when I took the photo, just a bit too much to fit in the frame. Enjoy the photo and try not to drool. If you've lived here and left, you know you miss it; if you're still here, it's never a bad idea to stop by a German Bäkerei on the way home and pick up some Osterbrot, a Pretzel, or my favorites, Brötchen and Käsekuchen.

3 comments:

  1. Those look really yummy and very creative. Are you going to do any of your own baking for Easter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to bake when I can pick up this stuff at my local Bäkerei . . . and so can you!

    ReplyDelete