About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Saturday, March 28, 2009

My New Quilt

I ordered a quilt from the Quilt Haus a couple of weeks ago. I love it. I saw this quilt at Shirley's home last summer, or one of two that she and her daughter made from the same materials, and loved it then, but couldn't give myself a good enough reason to buy it.

It has sat in a corner in the back of my mind like an itch for half a year. When I saw it again on the website she set up to sell online, I decided to go for it. I'm glad I did. It's a beautiful quilt. The "minkee" back, whatever that is, is very soft, and I love the brown with dots. Very fun.

I'm not sure what it's ultimate use will be. I still hope to have a grandchild some day, and this would be great for a grandson's room, but there are no guarantees of that.

Whatever its ultimate use, it's beautiful and suits my personal sense of style. You can check out Shirley's other quilts by clicking on the link. If you do buy a quilt from the Quilt Haus, it will be a high quality item made by a gifted quilter who cares about the craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment