About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Monday, October 27, 2008

Allergies


The Cross Country season has come to an end. Jim started with about 20 runners around September 1 and ended with 9. A couple dropped out due to injuries, but the others apparently had allergies. Allergies to rain. *sniff* Allergies to cool weather. *sniff* Allergies to mud. *sniff* Allergies to pain. *sniff* But most of all, allergies to hard work. *sniff, sniff* They were good for the short haul, for the early, sunny runs, but when the going got tough, they got gone. The tough ones persevered. They made it all the way to Europeans, where if you aren't willing to gut it out, you might as well stay home.

Congratulations to all of the runners from all of the schools, a fine bunch of young people with their shoelaces knotted twice, their heads on straight and their priorities in order.