About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Out With the Old

Today the workmen started removing the glassed in patio on the side of the house. They ripped off the covering under the balcony and found lots of soft wet wood up there. The whole thing has to come off . . . every home owner's nightmare and a cash cow for the renovation business. Who gets to be lucky and find that their old house isn't falling apart? I'll be updating this as the work progresses. Today, they removed the glass, side walls, insulation and ceiling of the patio enclosure. We can see now how nice it will be when it is just an open patio with a slight overhang from the balcony. Something to look forward to. Must go back to work now and earn money to pay for this. Tomorrow they are bringing in a bulldozer. Why do I keep seeing images of this enormous carnivorous plant saying, "Feed me Seymour, feed me!"?