About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wake up, Sleeping Beauty!

Ah, at last the air is warming, and there are signs that the earth is awakening from her long winter's nap. This always comes as a relief to me.

It's not that winter is so very long. The time goes quickly, but always weighs heavily on my spirit, so I am glad to see these harbingers of Spring and to listen to the birds sing their come hither songs.

A light exists in spring

Not present on the year

At any other period

When March is scarcely here.

--Emily Dickinson


It's not quite March, but close enough. One more week, and February will be behind us! Time to wake myself up and come out of my hibernation and start making plans. There are things to be done! Places to go! People to see! New directions, New beginnings.