About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Friday, January 01, 2010

Time Marches On


Whiz, bang, blink, and 2009 is gone, just like that. And it's time to think about what to call it. Two thousand ten was fine with me, the next step after two thousand nine, but it turns out I was wrong.

Twenty ten is the way to go, I find, since that is the pattern we have followed through the ages. Sometime after the year 1,000, we had the eleven hundreds . . . fifteen hundreds . . . nineteen hundreds. Now, it looks like we are in the 20 tweens. I doubt I'll see the 20 hundreds. They're only 90 years away.

What are my resolutions? Honestly?
  • Ask more questions, give out fewer answers.
  • Listen more, tune out less.
  • Think before I speak (always a good one).
  • Spend more time walking, less time sitting.
  • Play more, work less.
  • Win the lottery.
Wait, I'm not sure that last one counts as a resolution. I think those are supposed to be doable. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment