About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer 2009: A Work in Progress


Summer 2009 has consisted mainly of painting, a task which sounds much simpler than it is. Don't get me started! If only the furniture, knick knacks and old wallpaper didn't have to be dealt with before the paint could go on!
•••••

There has also been some gardening, some cement mixed and poured, along with many rocks put in place to create an easy way to get from the terrace to the yard. Yesterday Jim pulled up almost all of the stone tiles that currently make up our driveway, which has really become a sad site, and we are waiting for a local guy to come by and give us an estimate on finishing the job. This, after Jim looked at the mess and concluded that this was a job for professionals!
•••••

There's still a mountain of tasks to complete to get our house ready to put on the market and get ourselves ready to move to a new domicile in late fall, early winter.
•••••


As for the lovely before and after view of the hall, that's only the front half of it and it took two days to complete. I still have the other half to do (behind the camera). Once that is done, the ground floor will be finished. Also, that brown-looking stuff on the walls, is some of that old wallpaper I was earlier growsing about having to remove.
•••••

Too bad there's also an upstairs, a basement and an attic to which much still needs to be done.
•••••

No comments:

Post a Comment