About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Signs Seen

Somewhere in Tennessee, just off Interstate 40.

It's hard to know where to begin on this one, how to spell "dining" or the real meaning of the word "forever." *sigh*

Bates City, Missouri, just off Interstate 70

I'm still trying to understand why anyone would want to to purchase surplus army pizza or deli meats. *burp*

Blue Springs, Missouri


What caught my eye on this sign? Zigzag Bail Bonds, of course. There's a name that captures the essence of a thing, whether failing to follow the straight and narrow path that leads to redemption and a law-abiding life, or the zigzag path of the perp's perpetual attempts to evade law and justice. I keep seeing a scene in the movie, The In-laws the FIRST movie, not the remake, in which Peter Falk tries to teach Alan Arkin the finer points of dodging the bullets being fired at them by telling him to run in a serpentine fashion "Serpentine, Sheldon, serpentine!"

If you find yourself in trouble with the law, consider calling Zigzag Bail Bonds. I have a feeling they will understand your situation.