About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Raining on the Inside

Those little white streaks in the photo are streams of water coming down out of the wall/ceiling.
The workmen tore out the tiles on the balcony outside this week, which they then covered with some plastic, but this was not attached to the house, and, much to our surprise, water started flowing and dripping all along this wall during a heavy rain storm. It was coming in where the rolladen covers extend into the room.

We put out trash cans and buckets, pots and towels to catch the water. We can only hope at this point that it did no permanent damage and also that we won't have another big rain storm like that before the workmen finish the job, but I think we'll have a word with the architect on Monday and let him know what happened.

The water left deep muddy ruts in the yard. It made quite a mess. I hope it dries out tomorrow!