About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Greening


I submit this bush, that got in the way of my photo of the soccer game, as proof that spring is making an appearance, although belated and still chilly and wet.

This reminds me of a scene in the movie "Semi Tough" (Burt Reynolds, Kris Kristofferson and Jill Clayburgh) in which the character played by Jill returns from an African safari and shows her portfolio of travel photographs to the character played by Kris.
Nice photos of trees, he remarks.
I was trying to take pictures of the giraffes, she replies, and points to a giraffe partially visible behind the tree.
To which he responds that she only thought she was trying to take a photo of the giraffes, but her real intent was to photograph the trees, because that is what she did.

So, I guess I subconsciously wanted to take a photo of the bush,
because I did.