About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
Retired teacher living in East Tennessee, adjusting to life in the land of round door knobs. Photographer for our local animal shelter and foster of many dogs and kitties. Don't ask me how many dogs I have, but my son got me one of those "I'm the crazy dog lady" sweatshirts.

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/A_Peabody

Monday, August 21, 2006

Getting started

Starting anything new is always hard, but here goes . . . School is getting ready to start . . . time to go back to work. Nuff said about that.

A little over a week ago we went to visit our friend Sylvie who lives in France, which included visiting an art exhibition in a small, and I mean that, town in Belgium, on the border with France. Lots of local exhibitors, including watercolors by Sylvie and one of her daughters. We saw watercolors, inlaid wood, quilts, painted objects and metal sculptures. The metal sculptures were my favorite. The artist was very creative. Junk turned into characters.

I bought a small watercolor of chickens and roosters. Will I be able to give it away as planned or will I find it too hard to part with?

No comments:

Post a Comment